Simple things in life form our favorite memories and influence who we become.
Mentors and kids alike find that simple things create truly amazing moments.
Mentors encourage kids to realize their potential and better equip them for a successful future.
One of the biggest misconceptions about being a mentor is that it means being a “perfect” role model.
What it really means is being a friend and sharing what you enjoy about life with a child.
What it means to be a Mentor
Taking the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, consistent relationship by…
- Encouraging them toward positive life decisions
- Helping them set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Serving as a positive role model and friend
- Building the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
- Helping them discover their gifts, talents, and passions
- Developing understanding of their cultural and family dynamics
What it takes to be a Mentor