We are on a mission to help people who are in need
Vision brings the future into focus
our core values
Treat People with Respect and Fairness
5-Year Strategic Plan
Since 1994, over 1000 students have attended our afterschool programs for some duration. Many others attended our small groups or relational education classes.
During that time, youth who participated 3 years or longer achieved the greatest outcomes short and long-term success – thus leading to the goal of; by 2020, have 100 youth who attended 3 years or more go on to be gainfully employed, attend college or trade schoool, or go into the military.
We are pleased to say that we will achieve this by 2021, so now we will focus on The Next 100!
Serving the children who attend our program through life-on-life relationships and providing life skills and tools with the hope that participants will see themselves as God sees them, and live productive lives that contribute to our community.
Life Skill Development
- Character – sharing Rise Up! values and positively contributing to our community
- Social – expressing feelings appropriately, controlling anger, decision making
- Mental – support their education, teach critical and truthful thinking
- Relationships – all of life is an interconnection of ten types of relationships: friends, employees, neighbors, parents, spouses, teachers, citizens, romance, students, and God. All require common skills to be successful.
- Job Readiness – youth need to learn job skills prior to employment, which is difficult to learn at home. We provide opportunities to learn and earn to be prepared.
Committing to the belief that supporting and inspiring our current students (and their mentor/small group leader) is of greater priority than trying to do a little for a lot.
We will support our students through these specific ways:
- Providing long-term small groups
- Strengthening one-on-one Mentoring- provide mentors for each Small Group youth that requests one
- Implementing CLT (Coaches Leadership Training) – a job readiness and leadership development program
- Providing a robust social/emotional environment in our after school program
- Providing unique experiences for youth that could become a lifelong passion (art, sports, etc.)